Frustrated with the size of your bathroom? Don’t focus on what it’s not—Embrace the size and make the most of your bathroom space. Whether it is a guest bathroom or a newly created space in your basement, do not allow the size to prevent you from giving your small bathroom a fabulous look.
From cabinet refacing to over-the-toilet shelving units, the following tips can help you create a picture-perfect small bathroom in your Pittsburgh home.
1. Use lots of white. White always makes a room appear larger. Not only does it give your space a clean, uncluttered feel, but with some wooden or natural hue touches, it can give off a spa-like vibe.
2. Install a wall-mounted sink. Opting for a wall-mounted sink as opposed to a traditional vanity makes your bathroom appear larger as well as frees up floor space.
3. Consider a round vanity. Don’t get too fixated on geometric symmetry. Rounds vanities can work in square spaces. In fact, they are more functional in smaller bathrooms and create less hip hazards because the corners do not get in the way.
4. Use space-saving shelving. There are many options when it comes to space-saving bathroom shelving. From wall cabinets to over-the-toilet shelves, using the vertical space makes your bathroom appear bigger.
5. Make use of storage totes. Whether you have shelving below your sink or over your toilet, using storage totes will keep your small space organized. Every inch matters, so keeping needed items and extra supplies contained will help your bathroom look less cluttered.
6. Replace your shower door with a curtain. Depending on the size of your bathroom, having a bathroom door may limit the amount of space in which you can maneuver. Rather than needing room to open a shower door, consider replacing with a shower curtain that slides back and forth.
7. Use a glass panel instead of a shower door. If you don’t like the idea of replacing your shower door with a shower curtain, consider installing a glass panel. Many homeowners go with this option because it still keeps the water in, but provides more elbow room.
8. Incorporate towel bars on shower doors or wall shelving. Rather than taking up wall space for a towel bar, consider wall shelving that includes a bar or incorporate a bar onto your shower door.
9. Use bright lighting. Make a big difference in your small bathroom with bright lighting. Consider purchasing a ceiling-mounted light fixture to provide ample illumination. If you have extra wall space, you can add a couple of sconces for additional lighting.
10. Consider cabinet refacing. If you are looking to change the color of your bathroom cabinets or need more overall space in your vanity, cabinet refacing is a cost-effective solution to transform the look and function of your bathroom. Desirable Kitchens & Refacing, Pittsburgh’s experts in cabinet refacing, can reface your bathroom cabinets with a sleek, sophisticated finish of your choice within 2-3 days.
If you are looking to make the most of your small bathroom with the latest design trends and space-saving solutions, call Desirable Kitchens & Refacing at 412-515-0582 for a free consultation. We pride ourselves on having the right solution for every customer – every time!